Who doesn’t love strawberry shortcake? This is one of my childhood favorites. My daughter thought these would be fun to make one Sunday afternoon, so we decided to spice them up an make them Grinchmas style. Nothing a little green food coloring can’t help with.
- Vanilla cake mix(check the box to ensure you have everything you need; eggs, water and oil)
- Whip Cream
- Green food coloring
- Start by following the directions on the vanilla cake mix box. Prior to putting the cake into the pan, add about 4 drops of green food coloring. Mix thoroughly before putting the cake into the oven.
- Once the cake is done, let it cool.
- In the mean time cut up a carton of strawberries.
- Once the cake has cooled, chop up the cake.
- You can put the ingredients into the cup in which ever order you like. We did green cake, then whip cream and then the strawberries and then repeat.
- I added a single strawberry Santa hat on top for some cute detail.