Summer is officially underway, and we’re all about easy, kid-friendly meals that can be whipped up quickly after a day of camp or pool. These baked chicken nuggets take just about 20 minutes to come together, and can be made with gluten-free breadcrumbs for food allergies or sensitivities. Throw leftovers over a salad the next day for a simple lunch. Thanks to Elizabeth Lim, the mom behind The Beach Cities Moms for sharing this instant family favorite!
Baked Chicken Nuggets
- 2 Tablespoon olive oil or avocado oil
- 2 Tablespoons butter, melted
- ¾ cup panko bread crumbs
- ¼ cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1 ½” cubes
- sea salt and black pepper
- suggested dipping sauces: ketchup, honey mustard, ranch, BBQ sauce
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Whisk together the butter and oil in a small bowl or shallow pan.
- Combine panko, parmesan, garlic powder, paprika, in a small bowl or shallow pan.
- Sprinkle chicken lightly with salt and pepper. Dip the chicken cubes into the butter/oil mixture until well coated, and then into the panko mixture until well coated.
- Place the coated chicken cubes on the baking sheet and repeat with the remaining chicken.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, until cooked through, flipping the nuggets halfway through to prevent them from getting soggy on the bottom.
- Serve immediately with desired dipping sauce.