Why go at Motherhood alone, when you can go at it with a tribe of Moms! And not just any tribe, I have joined up with the @OCMommyBloggerstribe to bring Southern Orange County Moms more events, information and details of fun things to do with their families in OC. After all our mantra is “Giving Mom’s the Gift of Time.” Which means less time you have to spend finding these fun events, and more time enjoying them with your family. Last weekend the @OCMommyBloggerTribe had their first meet up at Eureka Irvine to celebrate “Galentine’s Day”. Nothing better than brunch with other Mommies who also like to talk about their kids.
Eureka was the perfect location for a Galentine’s Day Brunch with your besties, it would also be perfect for a night out with your honey too. Eureka Irvine is located in Irvine in the University Center. The restaurant was modern, with seating both inside and a lovely patio outside with fire pits. They have a long swanky bar with TVs, if you are looking for a more casual vibe.
Now let’s get to the most important part of our Galentine’s Day Brunch, THE FOOD! Yes, the food really was excellent. We ordered a bunch of different offerings from their many menu, as well as items from their brunch menu. Some highlights include:
· Chilaquiles – Consisted of tortilla chips, feta, crema, red onions, avocado, diced tomatoes and two eggs served sunny side up on top. They were out of this world. I consider myself a chilaquiles connoisseur.
· Crispy Glazed Brussel Sprouts – These did not disappoint! They came with orange chile glaze, chimichurri and almonds.
· Mac N’Cheese Balls – Thank goodness the ladies left behind one of these for me to try, because it was a little ball of heaven. They managed to wrap up beer cheese sauce, fresno chilies, chives, Parmesan and noodles all in one. They had a crispy outside and soft scrumptious cheesy inside. Do not miss out on these!
· Holy Avocado Toast Batman – Ok so that is my name for them, but well deserving to say the least. Think chopped up boiled eggs, diced tomatoes, chimichurri sauce, pickled onions and avocado on a toasted piece of bread.
· Bread Pudding French Toast – This was a fan favorite among the ladies. French toast topped with fresh berries and whiskey crème anglaise on the side.
· Chicken Nachos – A layer of chips topped with grilled chicken, black beans, avocado tomatillo, tomatoes, onions, cheese, jalapenos and chipotle sauce. Put a fork in me now!
Next my friends it is the drink menu! And it is was something to write about indeed…..They have a full bar with 40 American craft beers on tap, as well as 40 small batch whiskeys. But of course being a Galentine’s Day Brunch, we went with the prettiest sounding drinks on the menu.
· Mimosa Flight – Who can turn down a mimosa flight? Not me! There were Champagne with ginger, orange juice, pineapple juice and grape fruit juice.
· Signature Lavender Iced Tea – The glass and lovely real flowers on top made this one a crowd pleaser.
· Bloody Mary – Spicy and very pretty to look at.
· Love Potion (Valentine’s Day Special) – A sugar heart adorned the side of the glass, it was the winner for sure!
Be sure to check out this lovely restaurant next time you are looking to try something new. They really have something for everyone and the service was superb. If you head over on Thursday nights they have live music and $5.00 Bloody Mary’s/Mimosas for brunch on the weekends. Check out their full menu here and their website for more details. Or just check them out at 4143 Campus Drive Irvine, CA 92612 (949) 596-8881