This summer the Festival of Arts is celebrating a major milestone: its 90th anniversary. On Saturday, August 13th,1932 the Festival of Arts opened its doors for the very first time as two dozen artists hung their paintings on fences, trees, and buildings along Laguna’s main street hoping to lure tourists to the first Festival of Arts. This summer, on Tuesday July 5th, 2022, the world-renowned Festival of Arts Fine Art Show will open its doors to celebrate 90 years of art, welcoming hundreds of patrons to relish in one of the nation’s top fine art festivals.
In celebration of its 90th anniversary, the Festival of Arts will host 120 award-winning artists from July 5th through September 2nd. This professionally juried fine art show features a diverse selection of artwork including paintings, sculpture, photography, ceramics, jewelry, and more from artists around Orange County. Since opening in 1932, thousands have shown and sold their artwork at the Festival and many have their work featured in the private collections of leading art collectors, celebrities, and museums around the world. For a full list of the 2021 participating artists, please visit www.foapom.com/exhibitor-gallery.
The Festival has been rated one of the top festivals in the nation and each year hosts over 100 of Orange County’s most talented artists. Recent accolades include Orange County Register’s Best Place to Buy Original Art, Art Fair Calendar’s Top Five Art Fairs in the West and Top 5 Art Festival in the nation voted by USA Today readers.
In addition to the variety of artwork, the Festival of Arts offers a wide range of daily activities that the whole family can enjoy. The calendar includes nightly live music, guided art tours, art workshops and weekly series including Concerts on the Green, and Art, Jazz, Wine, and Chocolate (sponsored by Charles Schwab and Cambria Estate Winery). Several special one-day events will return this year, including the very popular Festival Runway Fashion Show and Family Art Day. On August 13, the Festival of Arts will celebrate it’s 90th anniversary with a Birthday Bash filled with fun activities including a concert with Stray Cat Lee Rocker in partnership with the City of Laguna Beach. The Festival’s Art Center, sponsored by Bank of America, will be a buzz with creative energy with art classes for all ages Friday – Sunday and free drop-in art workshops offered daily.
For a complete list visit LagunaFestivalofArts.org. Free with admission unless otherwise noted.
- That Girl Can Sing! Music Series
- Tuesdays, July 12 – Aug 30, 5:30pm
- Laguna’s Finest Music Series
- Wednesdays, July 13 – Aug 31, 5:30pm
- Art, Jazz, Wine and Chocolate
- Thursdays, July 7 – Sept 1, 5:30pm
- $20 additional fee for tastings
- Sponsored by Charles Schwab & Cambria Estate Winery
- Tremendous Tributes Music Series
- Fridays, July 8 – Aug 26, 5:30pm
- Concerts on the Green
- Saturdays, July 9 – Aug 21, 1pm
- Spotlight on the Grand Piano Music Series
- Sundays, July 10 – Aug 28, 5:30pm
- 90th Anniversary Birthday Bash
- Saturday, Aug 13, 12pm
- Family Art Day
- Sunday, July 10, 12pm
- Festival Runway Fashion Show
- Sunday, Aug 21, 12pm
- Special Fundraising Event
- Saturday, August 27
ART WORKSHOPS FOR EVERYONE
For schedule and reservations visit LagunaFestivalofArts.org.
- Creativity runs wild at the Festival’s Adult and Teen Art Classes where students will make their own masterpieces under the instruction of professional artists. ($65)
- Uncork your creativity Friday nights at Wine and Painting Nights or Saturday nights at Pints, Pinots and Prints. Create a work of art with easy to follow instruction by Festival artists and enjoy complimentary wine or beverages. Must be 21 and up. ($80)
- Friday through Sunday, the Festival hosts Youth Art Classes, art classes for children ages 5 to 12. Classes include sculpture, printmaking, painting, and much more. ($25)
- The Festival Art Center, sponsored by Bank of America, will be open weekdays from 4pm to 8pm and weekends from 12noon to 8pm for hands-on artistic fun. Reservations not required, drop in anytime!
Free art tours are held Monday through Thursday at 4:30pm and Friday through Sunday at 12noon and 4:30pm. Meet the artists and learn firsthand about their techniques through discussions and artist demos.
- The Festival’s Junior Art Exhibition, sponsored in part by the FOA Foundation, California First Leasing Corporation and Mark Porterfield of Laguna Beach, will comprise almost 400 pieces of artwork from Orange County school children (grades PK to 12). The quality of art represented in the exhibit will astound art lovers of all ages.
- Support the arts by purchasing artwork from the Art-to-Go Exhibit themed “What the World Needs Now” donated by Festival artists with proceeds benefiting The Artists Fund at the Festival of Arts.
DINING OPTIONS / GIFT SHOP
- Terra Laguna Beach is the on-property dining destination and focuses on California cuisine with sustainable food practices and utilizes farm stand fresh ingredients and artfully crafted meals. For reservations, call (949) 494-9650.
- Intermission by Terra is a grab-to-go concession stand where patrons can purchase food to enjoy on the Festival grounds.
- The Festival of Arts boutique-style gift shop is the perfect place to find t-shirts, art books, posters, and many other items to remember your visit.
GENERAL FESTIVAL INFORMATION
DATES & TIMES
July 5 – September 2, 2022
Open Mon – Thurs: 4pm – 11:30pm
Fri – Sun: 10am – 11:30pm
Early closing August 27 at 1pm
General Admission: Weekdays $10, Weekends $15
Students & Seniors: Weekdays $7, Weekends $11
Children 6 – 12: Daily $5
Free Admission for Children 5 and under, Military, and Laguna Beach Residents.
Click HERE to purchase your tickets now.